Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sujith Nair - PMP

Hmm.. sounds good. Well, not a big deal for many, but it is a refreshing feeling for me to be a certified Project Management Professional. Frankly, I didn't study seriously in the beginning, but towards the end pushed myself. The main concern however was that my 25K of examination fee will go in the drain if i don't do well :-) Got a lot of support from shikha (my wife). I must admit that for a lazy guy like me and from a not so big company like naukri, it wasn't easy. Firstly the industry I am in do not follow processes by book. I don't have the kind of process exposure that a PM from a wipro or TCS has. However, my planning and execution is somewhat strong (this is what i feel) and it did help me relate to the questions asked in the exam. Something new in my academic life has happened after 7 yrs.. whoops.... (7 yrs makes me feel older). Well, but that did help and now i have come back into my "study" mode. Feels good to be a student again... atleast I feel a little younger ;-)

2 comments:

Nachiketa said...

congratulations!!!!

Mr PMP...

way to go....

Sreeja said...

You don't need to feel low for not following processes by book. What ever process works for your organization should be the best. Just ensure that whatever processes you follow is documented.


... and yeah I appreciate you for acknowledging Shikha for your success